Your Source for GD&T Training and Materials
GeoTol Personal Trainer - GD&T in Color (Based on ASME Y14.5M-1994) - View Demo
The GeoTol Personal Trainer computer based training (CBT) program is an in-depth study designed to develop a basic working knowledge in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T). It is delivered per the ASME Y14.5M 1994 standard and has exercises in both metric and inch. The course includes emphasis on all the basics, such as the rules, measurement theory, the datum reference frame, form, orientation, profile and positional tolerancing. This program has been delivered and refined for the past 20 years. It covers what the participants need in order to work with geometric tolerancing on a daily basis.
This program approaches the subject from the "practical world" with the use of color computer animated graphics. The animated graphics illustrate how, when, and where to apply GD&T. The training program is filled with common sense tips for producing quality parts. Coverage includes the application of geometric tolerancing to design, manufacturing and quality assurance. Upon completing this program, the students will have a solid foundation in the fundamentals of geometric tolerancing.
There are 14 units that cover the major concepts in GD&T. Each unit is from 30 to 90 minutes in length depending on the concepts covered and the student's pace. A typical unit in the program will have the student watch a series of short 2- to 4-minute, color animated video lessons. Al Neumann narrates using animated graphics to guide the students through each lesson. A cast of cartoon characters aid Al in the presentation making the program fun, interesting and easy to understand.
At the end of each video lesson, the student must solve workshop problems and answer questions on the material just covered in that lesson, then move on to the next lesson. Wendy Patterson, with her bubbly enthusiasm, provides answers and helps narrate the students through the workshop problems. If necessary, the student may click "Previous" and "Next" at any time during the lessons in a unit to review, refresh, skip or proceed.
A course management system is provided so that an administrator may monitor student progress. The entire course may be viewed as a seminar which excludes the end of unit quizzes.
Order your copy today
- Unit 1 - Introduction, Symbols and Terms
- Unit 2 - How the Geometric System Works
- Unit 3 - Position Tolerance Verification
- Unit 4 - Limits of Size
- Unit 5 - Datum Reference Frame - Theory
- Unit 6 - Datum Modifiers
- Unit 7 - Datum Reference Frame - Selection and Qualification Exercises
- Unit 8 - Datum Reference Frame - Applications I
- Unit 9 - Datum Reference Frame Applications II
- Unit 10 - Form Tolerances (Flatness, Straightness, Roundness, Cylindricity)
- Unit 11 - Orientation Tolerances (Parallelism, Perpendicularity, Angularity)
- Unit 12 - Profile Tolerances
- Unit 13 - Position Tolerances
- Unit 14 - Coaxial and Non-Cylindrical Controls (Runout, Concentricity, Position, Profile and Symmetry)